by Joyce Konczyk
A Life Care Plan answers three questions:
1. How do you access all benefits available to you and understand which coverage or benefits pay for which service?
2. How do you protect the maximum resources and income so that expensive long-term care costs do not consume lifetime savings, thereby preserving assets for your spouse and/or children?
3. How does a person with a chronic illness access and pay for good long-term care?
What is the Process?
• Set goals through a comprehensive assessment of home, caregiver, estate, benefits, care needs and financial situation
• Analyze financial and health care information to help with crucial decision-making
• Apply funds to help maintain independence and choice
• Provide ongoing advocacy and monitoring to maximize well being, dignity and quality of life
Who Benefits from a Life Care Plan?
• ELDERS maintain control as long as possible
• CAREGIVERS secure quality care
• FAMILY is supported and has peace of mind knowing that a professional advocate is only a phone call away
Maser Amundson, P.A., is the first and only (at this time) law firm in Minnesota to offer this comprehensive planning process to their clients and families.